I have been having to un bury David before I go to bed each night. He sleeps amid a pile of stuffed animals. They are one of his collections. David has talked Drew out of all but two of his stuffed pets. Here is what David says, "Drew, does your Lion love me?" Drew will reply, "Oh, YETH David, he does!" David then sweetly says, "Well, if your lion loves me, then he should live with me." I guess Drew can't argue with that logic because he has handed over almost every single one of his friends. We have tried bringing Monkey, Rhino and Bear back into Drew's room. He threw Monkey on the floor, kicked Rhino out of bed and tossed poor Bear aside. It's like David staked his claim and now they are ruined for Drew.
I dug Stegosaurus out of a box today. He was Drew's. David started in with his, "Does he love me?" crap. I tried to intervene. They both just stopped and stared at me. "No, this stegosaurus loves me Mom," David nicely corrects me.
"David, I know he loves you, but Drew needs some animals too."
Drew pipes in, "Oh, Mom, wait, I have two elephants."
"Yes Drew, but you love this dinosaur."
Drew then goes on to say, "But Mom, I don't need any more animals, because, well, I only have two hands."
And I can't argue with that logic. David can sleep on his lumpy, bumpy twin mattress with his menagerie. Drew, well, he seems really small in his queen bed with only two elephants. But who are we kidding? It's no secret that he ends up in our bed at one o'clock in the morning. Most of the time he brings his elephants. I really don't want to invite anyone else, living or non living into my bed.
4 comments:
I think this is my favorite post yet! I LOVE it!
i think the "oh yeth david" was my favorite part.
That is so funny. David has already perfected manipulation!! hehe
I LOVE DREW!!!!!!!!!!! "I only have two hands!" how sweet is he?!?!? ; )
Post a Comment