Sorry, but you would just have to know Keith and how he grew up with two brothers and a hunter/fisher dad. Keith was president of his club in college and had to deal with Spring Sing his senior year and his parents never even knew that he was involved. He thought his dad would have said, "I'm not paying good money for you to dance around on stage like a fruit."
We'll never know, and I'll get back to the point.
My mom chose well on their gifts and David and Drew love their pet hamsters. Keith and I agree that they are good toys for them. David's rodent has a car to drive. Drew is a sucker for battery operated animals. They're cute.
We've been playing with them lots and a couple of days ago we went to the library and David found this book.
He has never enjoyed a book so much. We read it four times at bedtime the day we got it. The book is about a fat kid who goes away to camp, turns into a hamster and comes home in shape. It's an absolute riot. I keep trying to point out that this boy's problems came from too much pop and candy and I keep explaining that's why Sprite is only for very special occasions. David just wants to get to the part where the boy turns into a hamster.
All of it makes me giggle: The mechanical pets that don't have an "off" switch and make squealy noises. (Keith is convinced that they are made by people overseas who hate us.) The reading over and over of the book with the theme of combating obesity. David shrugging with a funny grin on his face and saying, "I don't know why, but I just love it. Can I have a flashlight to look at the book for awhile longer?"
Come to think of it I have been spending a lot of time laughing. I feel really blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment