Thursday, January 7, 2010

We've been staying warm...

Well, obviously, we are still wearing very little clothes when in the house. But we dress warm when going outside. One of my friends knitted these hats for the boys.


German shepherds were bred for work. Military, police work, searching for drugs. Scout? I think she was born to watch over two little boys. She's been in the house lots more lately. Sometimes she stands at the door waiting to be let back out. Scout prefers the cold to being wrestled with. However the kids love her, and we are quickly running out of indoor activities. I don't think she really minds all of their affection, but sometimes she looks at me as if to say, "I am fed up."
"Relax Scout," I think, "They'll be gone all day soon enough and then you'll miss them."




Drew is constantly getting in to Scout's dog bones. Thank goodness he doesn't like the taste of them. I'll find him standing on a chair ordering her to sit, lie down, and speak. She obeys. And Drew loves being the boss for once.



I am ready for the last of the snow to melt. My kids need to burn off energy more than most. Lately, by the time Keith gets home, I feel a little crazy. Then I take my advice that I gave Scout. After all they will be in school all day every day soon enough. And I'll really miss days of ABC soup and Chutes and Ladders.








2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh, so sweet. Yes, you are right, they will be at school all day someday. Have a great day.

Catcher In My Eye said...

Shepherds, whether watching sheep or LITTLE BOYS are loyal and protective... it is intuitive. They seem to know what you are thinking and act before they are directed. They will talk to you through their eyes and sense if PLAY comes to close to danger... Learn to LISTEN to Scouts eyes. YOU have a life-long FRIEND...but your friend's life will be shorter than your little boy's childhoods... CHERISH Scout's love for your family and the time you have with her. Her loyalty and love is unwavering and when she passes you will miss those quiet conversations you had with those big loving eyes.