1) Baths. Can't take it anymore. I have a Galapagos turtle/Orca/Dolphin named Drew who splashes way too much. One bath=three towels to wash. Seventy-five pounds of boys isn't meant to be in one tub. They will learn to love showers. I do.
2) Peeing outside. I'll admit it. I am a bit lazy when it comes to David going inside to go to the bathroom. I figure it's my due, yeah, I have wild boys but at least David can urinate and put antibacterial on his hands in 45 seconds. After today's little incident I am nixing tree peeing. Before I type what happened, I have to say that I believe in calling a spade a spade. And a nose a nose and private parts, well... you get the gist. Please, friends that were in developmental psych with me, back me up on this one. I mean, I don't give my elbow some nonsense name, right? That being said, I am going to tell this story in code so some weirdo doesn't stumble upon it in a sick Google search. We'll call the part "snowman." Here goes:
We ate at Hideaway for lunch with my friend Jayme and her three precious daughters. When we got outside she asked her middle daughter if she needed to potty. Why'd you do it Jayme? The next thing I know both boys are clamoring to go. I tell Drew to feel free to take advantage of his diaper and point David to my rear tire semi out of sight. The next thing I know David is running around on the sidewalk with his snowman flopping out of his pants and trying to show the girls. 'It's blue! It's blue! My snowman is blue!" And he's chasing them with it. Pleased as punch, because like all males he's proud of his snowman and a blue one is very spectacular. David, your snowman is blue because it's cold. Put it back in your pants. I barely have time to try and get him zipped before I see that Drew has wandered over to a small sapling and is muttering, "I go potty." He manages to get his diaper down and I think fine, whatever, if he's this determined, go for it. Until he then says, "And now I have to poop." And proceeds to...
I should have just drug them back in the restaurant like a normal mom. After all, Jayme manages to do it with three.
3) Diapers. We will be out of them in a week or two. I might as well roll up my sleeves and potty train Drew. After all, we'll be visiting public restrooms more frequently now. Might as well let both of them climb on the germ infested commodes.
10 comments:
You make me laugh! Your a great mom.
Oh boy! Just think if we were with you how much MORE fun it could have been! Ha! At least we can fed each other our stories so we can get through these messy stages!
Yea, sorry about asking Kamryn if she needed to pee. I just didn't want to get all 3 girls back out again 3 miles down the road like she usually does it. Boys peeing outside would be nice. You handled it well and I had SO MUCH FUN on our outing yesterday!
Wow! Sounds fun! Z loves going outside but one time it kept rising and rising and almost got all over his face until I said "push it down!!" He was all relaxed not even paying attention!
i know troy's just waiting for the day he can teach camden to go outside.
I am laughing so hard as I read this, I have tears. Your know.. braddock could really call his a "snowman" get it He is a Snow.. alrighty.. did not need to point that out. This totally made my day!
Oh, Natalie, that is hilarious. I mean I know it wasn't at the time, but I'm sure you can't help but laugh looking back on it. I've had a few expriences with peeing outside myself but none that funny. Mason used the bathroom on the playground at school which has fake grass a couple of times, and he also started pulling down his pants by a tree outside of IKEA one day. I said that we needed to quit going outside as well, but it is so easy! Thanks for the funny story.
OK! I have not stopped Laughing OUT LOUD! So sorry! I will never get your story out of my head as I hang all my BLUE Snowmen on my Christmas tree as Snowmen are my favorite!!! Hmmm? ...(that is the the cold, white, melting kind and the ones that are all sparkly and colorful that you hang on your Christmas tree!)
Drew was potty trained that week with me and none of us had to use a tree or a tire! LOL!
Nat, as your psyc friend, I back you up 100%. A penis is a penis and a vagina is a vagina!
We have gone outside a few times but I will remember your story now and try to stear him inside!
Ahahahaaa! Thank you for this life lesson. We will start the potty training escapade this summer. Note to self.
Post a Comment