This afternoon I took David to get a haircut. While we waited, I read the boys a new book we had just picked out at the library. An old friend that I have known since eighth grade and rarely see came into the salon as we sat. "Natalie?! Are these your boys??!!!" And as I introduced them to her I suddenly saw them through her eyes. Happy, healthy and listening intently to their story they looked like the great kids they are. Guess I am accomplishing something after all.
From what he brought home from school, it looks like David was thoughtful too. I just love dried pasta/paint/construction paper creations. David is thankful for his friends, his food, and his mommy and daddy. He was so proud of his work that he insisted on wearing it to the Chinese buffet for dinner (didn't have to make/clean up a meal tonight.) There's nothing like eating a smorgasbord and then coming home and watching "Biggest Loser" after the boys go to bed. It's a wonderful life. 
No comments:
Post a Comment