1) Don't spend two hours looking for a missing board book from the library. Just tell them you lost it and pay the three dollars they charge for all lost board books. Whether you work outside the home or not your time is worth much more than $1.50 an hour.
2) Lately I have been seeing moms dressed to the nines around Edmond. Ugged out, bejeweled, perfect hair. Makes me feel like a main street hobo if I am caught in sweat pants. If you go out on a weekday morning to play at the children's museum wear your Wednesday best. Or at least have the foresight to invite a friend so you have someone to roll your eyes with.
3) The taco burger at Taco Bueno isn't very good. The taco burger at Alfredo's Mexican Cafe in Moore is a little bit of heaven.
4) If your kids are dragging their feet to pick up their toys, you can make up an elaborate story about the Toy Fairy. Yes, I painted her as a slightly diabolical thief who takes toys of kids who don't pick up and redistributes them to poor children who are deserving. But the toys are getting put away. And what do I care if my boys associate Tinker Bell with stealing? It doesn't bother me if they fear fairies- mythical or masculine they can just stay away from them. We'll tackle the tooth wench in a few years.
5) Telling your four year old that "cheating is a hollow victory" when you are trying to play a game before nap won't help him. It's probably best to just ignore it and go over fair playing when he's not tired.
2 comments:
Completely agree with you on decked out mommies! Sweats and a tshirt, glasses, and no makeup is how you will always find me! I try a tad before Wednesday church though...which is why I should probably get off and get dressed!
Well, you must not be seeing me around town, I look like a wreck half the time! LOL..
Thanks for the update on the Bueno Burger, I was wanting to try it, guess I won't now, and will save the calories!
Post a Comment