Sunday, November 15, 2009

Back from Mexico

I know I need to delete pictures, move things around, add blogs that I read so I don't have to go on Gena's blog to find them... But "making a nicer blog" sounds like more of a New Year's resolution, right? I'll wait until 2010.

Saturday evening we arrived home from Cancun. Keith was awarded a trip for his sales rankings so we got to spend four nights in Mexico.

What can I say? Special little nachos (can't pronounce, let alone spell the exact name) for breakfast, chocolate massages, afternoons poolside and our biggest worry being what to order for dinner- I couldn't ask for anything more. Sure, there was one overcast day, I got a bad tummy ache from eating salsa with almost every meal, and we learned that sushi south of the border isn't great, but all in all it was a perfect trip.



We had only been away for one night from the kids, so leaving the country and being away five days was a little scary for me.

Luckily, our moms teamed up and took excellent care of the boys. Keith's mom did the first couple of days and my mom finished up. No tears were shed, the boys had a blast and all my months of worry were for nothing. Drew did refuse to wear diapers for Mimi (we heard about this one and crossed our fingers that the abuelitas would potty train him for us) and when my mom took the boys to buy more underwear David insisted that Keith wore "beaver eaters." My mom hesitantly brought this up and asked if it was some sort of family joke. It's not. The best we can figure out David was trying to get my mom to buy him boxer briefs.
As idyllic as it all was, I am ready for things to get back to normal. Look out Thanksgiving cooking, Christmas budgeting, and weeding out toys that are rarely played with. I'm ready for the holidays.



4 comments:

Jessica said...

how refreshing...i am so glad you got to go.

Kayla said...

Beaver eaters. That is so funny. Tell David to help brainwash Drew into thinking pottying in the toilet is what the cool boys do! With Zane, Avery did it all!

Gena said...

Beaver eaters. I am laughing so hard but can't explain to Raegan why. Oh my goodness.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Beaver eaters...that is a new one alright! That is SO funny!