Monday, November 23, 2009

Soccer Season

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heyitsdebv/sets/72157622740161257/

These are pictures from David's last soccer game. It was a make-up game; my parents took the boys since we were on our way home from Mexico. We HATED missing David's last game, but since my mom had been at every single game anyway, I don't think David minded. I had packed sweat pants or shorts for him to wear depending on the weather. I can see why, but it cracks me up that David didn't say anything and just wore both.
I think we have many more seasons of soccer ahead of us. David loved every minute of it. My goal was for him to run off energy and learn a little about teamwork and sportsmanship. Plus, I think any extra practice in listening and following directions is great for four year olds.
David's goal was to score as many goals as possible each game. He always made at least one goal every game, and usually made four or five.
David has always been active. I feel like I have spent a good part of his life telling him to be still, slow down, stop running. So it was the best feeling in the world to look out on the field and see him kicking that soccer ball with a look of pure joy on his face.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

he looks like he is just on cloud nine. how fun...can't wait for those days!

Kayla said...

Some how my kids weren't born playing soccer! They are always running in the back of the pack and away from chaos!

Newberry said...

Sounds like David might have a future in soccer! I hope you guys had a wonderful trip--how fun!