We picked Keith up from the airport on Friday morning. Drew gave him the kisses he had been saving. You couldn't wipe the grin off of David's face. We went to lunch and then drove to Mercy to see our friends that had just had their second boy.
Later in the day, we were getting ready to leave to go house hunting and Keith noticed that his debit card was missing. He started calling the restaurant we had eaten at and I asked David to look for it, really just to keep him busy. "Oh, I bet I can find it Mom," David said. And went and retrieved it out of a shoe in our closet. Keith, you poor foolish man, in your absence you forgot what it's like to live with these boys. Yes, you may have been able to set your wallet and pack of gum anywhere you wanted in your hotel room. But you know better than to set those things on the nightstand. Obviously, anything of yours makes the most fun toys. I was tempted to start putting credit cards in odd places myself.
I am still not sure which boy ate a pack of gum. And according to old wives' tales I won't know for another seven years.
We always end up with our nightly visitor, Drew, coming into our bed around 1:30. Friday night was no different. However, I awoke at five in the morning to find Drew cuddled up to Keith and to hear Drew chuckling very loudly. In his sleep. The laughter was loud enough to wake Keith as well and we both listened to his deep giggling in the wee hours of the morning. He says he was dreaming about butterflies. I think that his joy in having Daddy home gave him silly dreams.
Keith still has training for the next couple of weeks. The difference is that he'll be in Tulsa so he can come home if it works out or we can go there.
We won't go two week stretches without seeing him again. While I can't say I've dreamed of butterflies, Keith does make me very happy. It'll be great to have him around more.
3 comments:
I was going to say, check for the debit card where the room card was, but I guess you found it. That's funny. Glad Keith is back.
Glad he's back!! Wed. we are going to unpluggits if you want to go! We are going in the morning and then after their nap around 4ish. 4:30 is a mannerless tea party where you learn manners and then a prince and princess come eat popcorn and drink lemonade with you and they don't have manners. The kids tell them what they are doing wrong. Never been but a worker told me about it. Sounds neat and its free with normal admission.
Yeah, that he's coming to Tulsa. Maybe him and Nick can get together for lunch or after work. We haven't had any missing items that the kids have taking...yet!
Post a Comment