On Sunday I forgot to give the boys their Clarinex. Then, Drew ended up not napping (says he saw the sun and couldn't) and both kids played outside for a long time. Right before dinner Drew started crying and saying his throat hurt and his eyes burned. He was sneezing and crying and it was awful. We gave him a Benadryl, showered him, and he was sound asleep by 6:45. Drew slept twelve hours straight and was fine the next day. Moral of the story- the pollen is awful, and I can't forget all of their allergy meds.
Monday night, Keith was gone and I was giving both boys a bath. We were talking about kindness and I was telling them about how we show God's love by being nice to other people. I said that some people, especially old people, get lonely and it helps them remember that God cares about them when we go and visit them and give them a happy smile. The boys played for a while and then I said I'd give them a few extra minutes since Drew hadn't gotten to take a bath upstairs the night before. Then David piped up, "Yes Mom, and I was so lonely without him, I forgot that God loved me." So dramatic.
I guess he was obviously in a thoughtful mood, because then David started asking me why I didn't wash their eyeballs. Um, because tears clean the eyes and so every time you cry it washes your eyes out.
As they were getting out of the tub Drew decided to hit David over the head really hard with a plastic fish. David wailed and sobbed and I held him until finally saying, "You're okay, that's enough." David instantly stopped crying, looked at Drew and said, "Now my eyes are much cleaner than yours."
6 comments:
haha Great stories! I love reading stories about your kids!
So funny! Our kid"s are so dang smart!
Those kids say the cutest things! I love their little brains and how they think! I think...?
laughing so hard, I'm crying, but at least I have clean eye balls
Sometimes I wish my kids had bad allergies so I could give them benedryl every once in a while! Is that terrible?!
Post a Comment