ut an arrangement to make everyone happy. However, my heart tells me that never hearing a loud and resounding "no" is unhealthier than the Happy Meals that came with the dragon toys. So I stuck to my guns. And it broke his heart. I have an aunt who used to say, "I say no every third time, just because." The thing is, all four of her kids are mostly grown and they are nice, productive, young adults who usually come home with straight A's. My sister refers to it as "flexing her mommy muscle." It's not fun to do. I hated starting the morning that way. One day, David will know that dealing with little disappointments makes the big ones easier to handle.
Then, while dragging Drew around the store I realized that it was April 8th. I have started this half white chocolate/half regular chocolate tradition and I mean to keep it. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that I pick up a happy kid in a few minutes. After all, these little goodies are waiting for him at home.
3 comments:
you are such a good mom natalie...and i'm not just saying that to be nice or because i'm your friend. you really are.
Doesn't dealing with things like that make you see how it would be easy to have spoiled kids? I agree with Jessica, you are a really good mom!
I'm sure he was happy when you picked him up! They seem to forget those little tiffs pretty quick. Your doing good Nat! =)
Post a Comment