Wednesday, March 3, 2010

When the planets align

Do you know what I really, really look forward to? A good phone call from Italy. A time difference of seven hours, two kids on my end, and three on hers, makes it difficult but when Emilia and I can catch up it's the best. Similar treats are calls from my friend Jessica in California. The time difference there isn't too bad, but sometimes I really do want to call her at nine o' clock in the morning my time and that would be way too early for her. Anyway, I look forward to these conversations and maybe if boys are up they get a little ignored, but hey, the dishwasher gets unloaded. This afternoon I was talking away to Jess and telling her how well they played together, and then, David came and told me not to look in the bathtub. And Drew said he needed to be wiped. Well, obviously, since Drew was pooping David had to pee in the tub over all of the bath toys. David's excuse was just that, "Mom, Drew is always pooping!" He's right, but he needed to be reminded that there are other toilets in the house. The half of a bottle of Lysol that I just used was well worth it. I need to talk to my friends. It's like free therapy.

4 comments:

April said...

I am always up for free therapy. Call me at 9...we are always up by 7.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Haha! I love it!

Jessica said...

you can't go back to work for a while...then who would i talk to during the day? i love our chats!

Catcher In My Eye said...

8-9 a.m. time is my time with your sister before I start my paperwork... that should give you time to fix GREEN EGGS & HAM or Pancake animals and do your 'Poop the Drew' chore, or check David's SLOT for the lost ROOM KEY! LOL! I too make the bed, unload the dishwasher and start the laundry all while on the phone. By the time I get off the phone with Em and her tales of the day I get to hear your Happy TRAILS of your morning crazieness. Today's story of David sharing with Drew using a PATTERN Method was the best: David divided up the dinosaur stickers this way: David, David, DREW! David, David, DREW! All I can say Nat is David is a chip off his old Mother block! Your little brother Sam never got much candy when you used the same pattern to divide up the Halloween candy! :)