Monday, March 1, 2010

Naps

I am a little sad to report that David has just about given up naps. He is averaging only one, maybe two naps a week. He still has quiet time to build and do puzzles. And then he gets stories and another hour in which he rolls around in his bed and sneaks toys under the covers. (I know what you are doing David, I just don't care so long as you stay put.)
I think only my friends with two kids close in age can understand why this has made me near neurotic to get Drew home and down for a nap by 12:30. Any later and it throws the start of bathtime/bedtime out of wack and then, heaven forbid, one boy is lively and not tired and one boy is exhausted and whiny. My day starts with Drew waking up at about 6:45. So, you can understand why I am ready to be through with kids, and have them fast asleep by 8:00. It's not that I don't enjoy being with them, but, sheesh, that's a long day to be on duty by anybody's standards (and yes, I get my wonderful hour of laundry time in the afternoon while Drew is napping and David is wallowing in his twin bed.)
Wait a minute, now this sounds like I can't wait to get rid of my kids. Maybe I would prefer that everyone thinks I am anal about schedules...

4 comments:

Kayla said...

I'm so done by 7! Too bad they don't fall asleep until 9. To make it sound more positive...maybe its not being so done...but being so ready for hubby time!?

Jessica said...

i completely understand. i "work" 6:45am to 8pm everyday...and then i'm always on call each night should the native get restless. so i don't feel guilty at all that i enjoy naptime and bedtime. yet, we are blessed to have such "jobs".

Lisa said...

I can also agree 100%! I know exactly what you mean...Karli's naps are slowly fading, but not quite as quickly as David's. But Blake is my early bird and short napper. So, yeah...i hear ya! I live for naptime so I can have that break and refresh myself!!

April said...

Austin went for a few weeks without naps and then started napping again. There is hope!!! But then I feel like my entire day revolves around being home for nap time especially since Vivi still has 2. He will probably be a breeze to put down at night for ya though.