Monday, March 22, 2010

Heaven has a Floor

We didn't tell David or Drew that our dog Hank died last summer. It's too sad and we chose to make up a story about him running away to live on a farm. But the reality is (who can name which OC professor used to always say "and the reality is..?") kids have lots of questions about death and what happens afterwards. David has started asking about heaven. It's a tough concept to explain to preschoolers.
My best friend's cousin passed away yesterday. She was four. Now my friend has to talk to her kids about it. That sparked me making my mom go up in her attic to find the book "Heaven Has a Floor" by Evelyn Roberts. I remembered reading it when I was little and as I read it again this evening, I was able to appreciate the explanations that are all taken from scripture.
I wanted to pass along the title to anyone else who might need to talk to their kids about that subject.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I will have to write that book down. Have any books for the whole baby making process?! I get too flustered and say dumb stuff that doesn't make sense and then end up lying about it! haha

Natalie Hudkins said...

Doesn't the stork bring babies?

Emilia said...

Oh, that is so sad. Pass the book to me when you are done. I have a bigger problem in explaining Easter to the kids! Gotta a book for that one? (Besides the Bible)