We have always mastered large motor skills very early in this house. Fine motor skills? Well... I am working with David on attempting to write his name.
I was very pleased a few weeks ago when David made individual drawings of each family member. They were the adorable circle and stick figures. Really just heads with lines. The only differences were that Keith was a giant circle and Drew was drawn with a large O in the middle of his head. His paci. Mom and Dad didn't have noses or hair, but by golly David drew a pacifier on Drew.
This morning, the boys were again drawing as I was scrambling eggs. I could hear David saying, "This is a jellyfish. This is a clown fish." I was just happy that David was engaged in holding a marker and doodling. Then Drew piped up, "And David, look, this is a seahorse."
"No Drew, that is not a seahorse," David said.
I was standing at the stove, praying, "Don't break his heart David, he's only two and he's trying." But I quickly breathed a sigh of relief as David then said, "Drew that is a komodo dragon."
"Oh, it is!" Drew happily replied.
I really need to get a good filing/dating system in place to save these funny little pictures.
6 comments:
That made me laugh. So cute.
don't you just love listening in on their conversations?
I love this stage our kids are in...they are so funny!
I need a better system! I have a huge stack and it's only been 3 years!
You probably already have sheets that help with his name but I used http://handwritingworksheets.com/ with my pre-schoolers last year and use it with Austin now. You can type in any word in either basic print or cursive and they trace it. I LOVE this site!
Let me know what filing system you put into place. I have an art system but not anything for drawings yet.
I have a friend who takes pictures of her kids art with the camera date in the corner. Then, she uploads them on Walmart or Walgreens and orders a flip book for each kid. This way, she can keep the cuteness in less space, and can only hang on to the really realllllllly priceless creations.
Post a Comment