I am not flashing back very far. Only twenty-one months to be exact. David was twenty one months when we had Drew. For months I thought- what have we done?! We had to devise ways to hide poor little Drew. We would put his carrier in the pack and play so that David couldn't "love" him so hard. David was constantly pointing out his eyes, nose, mouth and ears or jabbing at the puppy or car on his newborn nightgowns. Drew was a pretty good sport about it all and I like to think that somewhere in his wobbly infant head he knew that David loved him and just wanted to interact with him.
Now Drew will turn twenty-one months on Monday and he is no worse for the wear. They spend most of their time making up really goofy games and playing in curtains or odd little corners of the house. Sometimes if we are holding David he will yell, "BABY!" He then points out his eyes, nose, mouth and ears. Or he yells "McQueen" and jabs David in the chest if David is wearing his Car movie pajamas. David just kind of smiles and doesn't really react. I like to think that David endures it because he knows that he is Drew's hero.
5 comments:
now that drew is 21 months i bet you're wishing you had another new baby aren't you?
I'd rather have cats- and I hate cats.
Ha ha, cats huh? That bad? this is not helping poor Levi gain a sibling. LEvi will be old enough to seriously babysit by the time he has a sibling. ;)
Love the picture of poor Drew getting his face poked off.
Aw, have another- Levi is so much older- I bet he could change diapers!
Haha I didn't figure you to be a cat person! That was great!
Post a Comment