Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Garage sale!

Is it weird that I have been looking forward to this year's neighborhood garage sale as if it were a holiday? I have gotten so sick of seeing/living with all of our things for a 0-24 month old boy! Before we stowed our high chair in the attic I used to imagine how it would look with a price tag on it sitting in our driveway. That's how much I a) never want to have another baby to sit in that high chair and b) got so tired of three years of breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner with that thing. All of a sudden I have way too much baby stuff. Drew has stopped with the babyish toys earlier than David since he follows his cues on what to play with. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it Drew likes small matchbox cars. He and David have the same taste in vehicles so they have the occasional spat over a Hummer or something like that. I worry about wheels coming off and choking Drew, but these little cars don't take up any room! So bye-bye talking Fisher Price door. Chow Chicco activity table. Adios vibrating chair with mobile. I wouldn't go back to the time where I depended on all of you for all of the Gerber Graduate meals in the world. The memories are great but we are moving forward.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

oh natalie...i would be your best customer if i was there. your trash would be my treasure.

it seems so weird to me that the stage your leaving behind is the stage i'm just entering...and will be for years to come. oh my.

Carrie said...

This does NOT encourage me. Great. Haha! We have that same little house and I'm so tired of hearing "Lights on! Lights off! On! Off! On! Off!" AHHHH!!!! And I'm going to have to live with this thing for several more years. We go the Praise Baby video. LOVE it! I think I'll take your Bilibo advice too, since your last advice worked out so well! Got any more pearls of wisdom? :)

5 Miles Past Empty said...

I am afraid I agree with you and have the same sentiments...unfortunately for Levi he is all alone. :( I dread the baby stage. I loathe it. I cry to avoid it. I cringe to think...ugh. I love 3 year olds! So fun isn't it? The big little kid stage! Diapers...oh dear. This is not helping me any.