We had a really great Easter despite the rain on Sunday. My mom and I got out early Saturday morning and took the boys to this year's first Farmer's market. Of course, my mom brought props to photograph them. Boys can be bunnies too. 
Then, Keith and I took the kids to an egg hunt and they came home and napped while I hard boiled eggs and got everything ready to dye eggs. The only thing that has changed since I dyed Easter eggs with my siblings is that there is brown dye? Weird. Drew's signature color is green (he has the green blankets, plates, etc., David has blue) so I let him do the green dye first and as you can see he looked like Kermit the Drew for the rest of the day.
It bothered him for about a minute that I could not get the green off of his hands but then he got over it. The Easter Bunny had to hide the eggs inside which was somewhat of a bummer especially since some blue dye got on the couch, but really David and Drew didn't know any different so it was fun. Of course, the real focal point of the holiday is not bunnies or eggs and the boys did okay in church. Drew was sort of worse than usual (maybe the candy he ate?) and kept jumping up and down trying to ham it up for the people behind us. The day ended with our traditional dinner at my aunts house where the boys got to play with their cousins. I showed my cousin who attends OSU a picture of the special egg that Keith had made for him. Andy's a pretty good sport and I think he thought it was funny.
3 comments:
Love the green hand!
I don't think that Jesus thought that egg joke was very funny!
Love and miss you guys!
I love the egg!
Post a Comment