Well, I can safely say that we have adjusted to school. David loves his teachers and his friends. He loves them so much, that if I hadn't noticed him rubbing his arm, I may never have known that he had been bitten by another little boy. Are you kidding me? I had no idea that four year olds were biters. I e-mailed the teacher just to see if I could get the full story and make sure David wasn't in on any sort of fighting. Oh, and because biting is disgusting and mouths are full of bacteria and his skin had been pierced. Then, I got a phone call from his teacher, the first thing she said was David was good and had been good (whew.) She didn't know about the bite on the arm, but he had gotten bit on the ear by a different boy. Who are these kids? Needless to say, we are steering David towards finding other friends and since he won't tattle, we told him it would be okay to say, "DON'T DO THAT! Biting is for babies." Poor kid, I make him work out problems with Drew so much that I think it never occurred to him that it is okay to tell the teacher about stuff like that.
That same day Drew wet his pants at school because he waited until the last minute to pee and didn't make it. Drew is busy, busy, busy at school. I know because I have watched him from the observation room (it has mirrors, he can't see me) several times. Whether it is painting, cutting out pieces of maps and coloring them at the writing center, doing puzzles, riding tricycles, or putting on a puppet show, he is having fun. Drew doesn't even say good -to me, he just goes in, washes his hands (part of the routine to keep toys clean) and starts discovering the new centers. I am in love with Drew's school; he is so very happy and is thriving.
After three hours apart, David and Drew are ready to see each other again. As soon as we get home they become Underwear Brothers and roll around and watch "Between the Lions" while I make lunch.
I met a mom of another pre-K student who isn't loving school. So, I was trying to explain to David that maybe he could find this little boy on the playground and be his friend. I said something along the lines of, "Think of how you would feel if you didn't have any friends." His reply was, "Well, Mom, that would never ever happen to me. I'll always have Drew. And he's my best friend."
You sure will David.
8 comments:
so sweet natalie! i think i love drew's school too...i want camden to go there.
I love Underwear Brothers! You can definitely tell they are best friends. I'm so glad school is going well. Oh, and about the bathroom accident. Mason had one of those the other day at McDonalds because he didn't want to stop playing. Ugh!
I love those boys... so sweet..i mean tough...but still sweet!
LOVE it!!!! (not the biting, the brothers BFF)
I wish Zane's prek had an observation room. I'd love to see what he's like at school!
Ohhh I love it that they are such great friends! I hope Colton and Connor are buddies forever too. PS: I love the observation room. It's fun to watch Colton playing. I watched the other day, and he and Drew were having a ball playing together!
I love your stories about your boys. So cute!
awwww. Precious boys!!
Post a Comment