I think I have made a big mistake. Whenever the boys have screamed or squealed, I have said, "Wow, it's like I have two daughters. Ya'll sounds like a couple of girls." This may be why I heard Drew shouting in a really ugly voice, "Go away, no, I don't like you." I couldn't believe he was talking to his brother this way. Well, nope, he wasn't. He was talking to a commercial for a Strawberry Shortcake DVD. It was just too yucky, he couldn't stand the sight of it, it made his stomach sick.
Drew won't bother to try and make friends with any of the girls in his class. It's no use reminding him that there are a few girls he loves. He feels they aren't worth befriending. Go figure.
David is a slightly nicer, but still, he steers clear of females. With only two exceptions. We got a happy surprise on the first day of school- a little girl named Peyton is in the other pre-k class. Peyton and David were in Mother's Day Out together twice a week for almost two years. David adores her. Their nap mats were always side by side and they seem to have a mutual fondness for each other. She has huge eyes and skinny little legs. Poor Peyton has terrible food allergies. David is constantly telling me that Peyton can't have peanut butter. As if I were just going to go find her on the playground and offer her a jar. He's really protective of her. So he likes Peyton.
And our kindergarten neighbor. Here is what he told us last night, "Lily is the only other girl I like. So I call her Lily Pad. Then she moves away from me."
Better learn to live with them boys. They're here to stay.
4 comments:
I have tears in my eyes over the peanut butter and lily pad situations. Oh my goodness, so funny.
He loves Aubrey!! But I guess she doesn't count.
i think it's perfect...they can steer clear of girls until they're about 25 and that'd be perfect!
You forgot, they love their mom!
Post a Comment