Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dear Other Parents,

I know that you may be busy, but hey, we all are. So while you may not like waiting in the carpool line, it is not acceptable for you to drive past everyone else and cut in at the front. I don't care if your SUV is shinier and newer than everyone else's. You shouldn't do that. Not nice.

Oh, and Mom That Accosted the Teacher's Assistant for twenty minutes on the first day of school, that wasn't nice either. Yes, your kid may need to ride the daycare bus some days and ride home with her grandma on others. We all got to hear about it. But stick a note on her shirt and write a note to her teacher. That's what normal people do. Were you expecting V.I.P. treatment? Sorry, it's public school. You probably won't get preferential treatment with private school either. If you homeschool your super star, then and only then can she be favored in the eyes of you, her teacher, and her principal/dad. You are headed down a road of frustration if you are already getting your knickers in a bunch over things as small as this.

Perhaps the Cutter and The Time Monopolizer could get together and sign up to be home room parents. Because as it stands there is only one name on the list. And I really don't want to do all of it on my own.
On second thought, scratch all of that. I was mildly annoyed, but I'll get over it. I know a secret. And that's this- kids with parents who abide by the rules and are involved follow suit. Those parents usually have great students.
To end much more positively. David's first day went great!!! He loved every second of it.


6 comments:

Kayla said...

glad he loved it!!!

The Hudkins Family said...

So glad it went good. You will be a great room mom!!

Jessica said...

i love this post natalie. is it not so clear to see how so many kids are taught a sense of entitlement...because that's all they've seen from their parents. an egocentric, my time is more important than anyone else's, etc. way of life.

david's teacher is going to love him...and you.

Heather said...

LOVE this post...completely agree! So glad your boy had a great first day.

Gena said...

Totally agree on the crazy parents. I'm so glad he had such a good first day. Relief!

Catcher In My Eye said...

"GO, girl, Natalie!" Chip off the OLD (not that old, block! :)... PARENTS, our children learn by our example: WE ARE NOTtttt entitled!!! PARENTS, do not act as if your schedule is more hurried than the rest of ours...dont push to the front of the line! :0
Can I sign up for "Room Gram" ? :)
Pre-schoolers are my favorite! I am going to volunteer in some way! :)