Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The downside to nice weather

We have spent $80 in allergy medicine this week. The upside to the unbearable heat has been that the boys have been allergy free. The runny noses, wheezing and itchy eyes have come back with a vengeance. Ask me how fun it is to give a three and a four year old two different kinds of nasal sprays. They also take a Singulair at night and a Children's Claritin in the morning. Drew brought two ice packs to bed for his "hurt eyes." He played outside with his Dad and brother for a little bit and came home with burning eyeballs from all the pollen.
You know all the pictures I have on this blog and the boys just happen to be wearing only their underwear? It's because during the spring that became our habit. Strip off everything that came in contact with grass and trees outside and just wear underwear. Roll around on the freshly vacuumed floor that usually doesn't come into contact with shoes. Go play in your rooms where your air purifiers are constantly running. Take a shower to help your stuffy noses and get all of the grass you rolled in out of your hair. They are outside kids who would feel better if they stayed indoors.
It's not going to stop us though. I am getting back on the full court press against allergies and I predict that in a few days everything should kick in and it will be better. After all, David is starting fall t-ball and Drew will be playing soccer in a week or two. In addition to this all of the animals at the zoo have missed us and we have about four different parks we have been absent from.

4 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

AMEN. I need to get B some stronger meds.

The Seat House said...

Gabe had not taken his round of allergy meds since May....We started in on them yesterday. He is so stopped up! Arrrgggg... Oh and I found the park...Awesome but that SLIDE freaked Syd out.

Emily said...

I feel their pain. Last night and today have been awful for me. The AC in the car makes it even worse. It's fun trying to drive while having an allergy eye attack.

Kayla said...

Poor boys.