I read all of the Little House on the Prairie Books when I was about eight or nine. Then I read them again. Except for one, which I found too depressing. "The Long Winter." If I remember correctly (and this was twenty one years ago so I may not) there were several blizzards and the entire Ingalls family was cold for months on end and they got so low on firewood that Pa was about to start burning chairs but then Almanzo Wilder rode in and saved the day.
Well, I am about to start burning chairs. I am at the end of my creative rope. I can't think of one more fun and exciting indoor activity to do. We have played with every toy, done every puzzle, made every craft.
I am hoping that since my mom got back from Italy yesterday, she will recharge her battery and be our Almanzo. Save the day Gram. We may start throwing furniture in the fireplace. No matter that you have been taking care of my new niece and other niece and nephew. We need you. This winter has just been too long.
4 comments:
Oh no! Did you burn the chairs? At 4:00 pm it seemed 11:00 pm....I fell asleep! I hope I am on track tomorrow! I will will put on my creative juices and let them simmer in my sleep tonight! Sleep tight! Dont burn down the table! love Mom
maybe you need a vacation to the west coast where we're enjoying the sun amidst some rainy days?
I haven't gotten my kids out of their pj's in 3 months. Yesterday I put on make-up and both kids freaked out and said, Where are we going Mommy?
Send them on a bus to my house. We can go to the Great Wolf Lodge.
Post a Comment