Thursday, February 4, 2010

I just may buy it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Peter-Potty-Flushing-Toddler-Urinal/5301812?sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5301812

Drew has been fully potty trained for about six weeks. In fact, he is so confident in his ability that he waits until the last possible second. And then panics, doesn't aim, and pees all over the wall if he is standing, or the rug and toilet if he has chosen to sit. He immediately starts saying, "Just an accident Mom. Sorry Mom. I clean Mom." (Imagine Rainman apologizing. With his low voice, that's what my two year old sounds like.) Then Drew proceeds to get little wads of toilet paper and start wiping down the toilet with more pee. Sometimes he even stops, pats my face (with urine soaked hand) and apologizes again. Yesterday he peed all over my shirt as I was sitting in front of him attempting to help him aim, and this morning, first thing, he peed on the lapel of my robe. Just missed my eye by mere inches.
Watching it happen is like seeing a garden hose go crazy. There's not much you can do until it runs out of steam. Drew will attempt to pinch/squeeze/point but it only makes things much worse. What we are saving in diapers and pull ups we are making up in Clorox wipes and laundry detergent.
I am dumping this little problem in Keith's lap. I know that Drew or David or both crawl in our bed sometime in the dark of the night and sleep in the middle of us. But still, Keith has to recognize that I don't have a water weasel. I'm giving it a week and then I am making an executive decision and purchasing Peter Potty Urinal.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so funny! I had no idea that a urinal for toddlers existed!!! Colton would LOVE this!!! He does tend to make a mess whether he stands OR sits! I just may buy it as well.....

Gena said...

Oh my goodness. I don't think I have any advice. The rainman description and the patting on your cheek are perfect. I can totally see it.

The Hudkins Family said...

Ryan votes for the urinal!!

April said...

That is crazy. Austin still misses quite a bit. I have been sprayed in the face too! The Peter Potty Urinal reminded me of peter and judy...remember?

Kayla said...

That is awesome!!! We never let know standing was an option for Zane. I didn't want that mess. He sits! Wes showed him after like a year of being potty trained and I was like no don't do it again because he made a big mess! haha. With sitting, I just showed him to push his little wee wee all the way down (at the top so he doesn't pee all over his hands!) Maybe go back to little pieces of candy (if you did that when potty training) for when he doesn't make a big mess!? Good luck!!!

Ashley said...

Oh, Natalie! The things I have to look forward to in the future with my boys.... We actually saw one of these and talked about purchasing it and then decided we should wait a few years to see what new inventions they come out with by the time our boys are that potty-training age.

I'm sorry you are having to experience this. Your post made me laugh though, and maybe in a few years you can laugh at me.

Newberry said...

I hear you sister! Mason has been potty trained for over a year and he still waits until the very last minute (It has gotten better, though). Clorox wipes are my best friend. By the way, you are hilarious! How did you ever stumble upon that urinal!

Shannon said...

Your stories totally crack me up, unfortunatley I can relate to those little water weasels!

Jessica said...

http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/CTGY/Toilet-Targets.html

Ever heard of these? I remember hearing about them when I was teaching Pre-K.