Monday, February 1, 2010

Funny conversation & 7th birthday

The other day, I was trying to get chores done. I let the boys mix up pudding, put it in bowls, and went to put laundry away. I came back one minute later to find Drew with pudding dripping from his face. They both just froze when I came in the room.
Drew: I am covered in pudding Mama (as though he can't understand how it happened.)
David: (with a squinched up face and half shrug) It's been a really weird day Mom.
Me: I'll say. Start cleaning.

Keith and I were talking with the kids. One of their favorite subjects is birthdays and what kind of party they will have. We were going over the months in the year as well, and we realized that yesterday was Scout's seventh birthday. The older she gets the more I appreciate her. Lately, the boys have been playing a game with her- Dog Tag. They say, "I'm gonna get you!" and she starts bounding and then freezing while they chase her. This is especially fun in the snow. Scout truly does have a sixth sense. She lets Drew catch her right before he has a bout of two-year old frustration. And she knows it's just what I need her to do to help get some of David's energy out. Here's to many more doggy years with you girl.

5 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

Happy birthday Scout. See ya this weekend!!

Jessica said...

i love their conversation...and the fact that they try to act like they just don't know how it happened.

i would like to talk with your boys about birthday parties too...it's really one of my most favorite things to plan.

Gena said...

I love that conversation too. Those boys crack me up.

Newberry said...

That pudding incident just made me laugh out loud! It is so funny the way that kids explain things.

Catcher In My Eye said...

Really funny stuff! As I read the past few blog writtings to your Dda, he and I loved imagining being in your kitchen and watching pudding fly and thinking about WHALE POOP! I have to admit, that Drew has imagined something that I have NEVER EVER stopped to think about! I wonder if I will ever eat pudding again and not remember this story! THANKS FOR THE GRINS AND GIGGLES! Gram (I will bring home some Italian pudding to the boys!!! :)