Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's A Fam-ily Tradition

Tomorrow night, you'll find us eating Canadian bacon pizza, sipping Canada Dry Ginger Ale, and, if I can get to Wal-mart to buy them, eating maple leaf cookies. We'll be consuming all of these calories in front of the opening ceremonies.
The Winter Olympics taking place in Vancouver has really stumped me. I wish I knew more about what they eat up north. Since Keith and I have been together we have had a tradition of eating the cuisine of the country that is hosting the games. It all started with the '04 Olympics in Greece. Gyros, hummus, baklava- you get the picture. Then there was Torino. Pasta from Olive Garden. We reserved a big table at PF Chang's and ate with friends before Beijing 2008.
Gosh the Olympics are yummy.
I figure that when the boys get a little bigger the possibilities are endless on games we can play and activities we can do pertaining to the host country.
My life is just one big thematic unit.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great idea! You are so creative! Thematic unit! LOL
You definitely have a lot of teacher genes Natalie!! I love it!

Jessica said...

don't thematic units just make you so happy? they do me. that is the best idea...i might have to steal the idea. can you just send me your "lesson plan" for opening ceremonies each time they come around?

Newberry said...

How fun! Isn't it fun that even though you aren't teaching you can do all of those fun things with your kids. I remember looking forward to that when I taught school.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Fun idea!

suzspeaks said...

I love this! So fun!

Carrie said...

Aahhhhh! The teacher inside me just squealed with delight. This is awesome. I want your lesson plans too, please.