Dear David,
I am writing this on the eve of your birthday. Yes, you were supposed to be born on October 7th, but you took a long time to make an appearance and finally came shortly after midnight on the 8th. Birth is proving to be the only thing you were ever slow at.
Your dad and I feel so blessed because we truly enjoy spending time with you. At this age you are happy, talkative, kind, competitive, friendly and funny. You probably won't understand just how much joy you bring to our lives until you are a dad and have a little boy of your own. We have always said that we, "hit the jackpot" with you.
This evening we were walking through a store and as you held my hand and tried to get clues about your birthday presents, I told you that YOU were the best present that I had ever received and that four years ago I just couldn't wait to find out what you would be like.
I turned on your lamp after you went to sleep to capture your last night as a three year old. When you wake you will be four years old! These have been the best years of our lives!
Daddy and Drew and I love you so very much.
We hope you have a very special day,
Mom
6 comments:
happy birthday david! natalie, how is it he's already four?
happy birthday! I hope he has a wonderful day and feels so so special!
How did that happen? Ethan wanted to wish him a happy birthday. We may try to call later. I still can't believe David's four!!!
What a blessing that you have such a sweet and fun little boy who you enjoy so much. Happy 4th Birthday, David!
Okay, I'm crying, Natalie---hope that sweet boy has a great birthday! Love, Mary S. (sorry about the "aunt mary")
My eyes started to water up too! Happy birthday David!
Post a Comment