Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tired old bag


If you have seen me out, you have seen me with this monstrosity. But, it's finally happened. I no longer carry a diaper bag- I have a grown up purse. Well, really more of a satchel since I do still have to carry diapers, fruit snacks and other emergency necessities. Right before we had Drew I justified getting a nice diaper bag. Poor idiot that I was, I thought extra pockets and a wipable fabric would make having two under the age of two easier. Don't get me wrong, looking back on it the more-expensive-than-Target price tag was well worth it since I have stuffed everything under the sun in it and taken it a million place and structurally it has still held up. And from a distance you couldn't tell how beat up and war torn it had gotten. But I knew, and it was driving me nuts.

It's kinda like my first car. My dad bought a standard Honda Civic. And failed to realize that it didn't have power steering. It was a shiny, new red car on the outside, but whenever I had to back out of a parking spot I would break into a cold sweat because it took so much muscle to turn. I know no one else cares what I put my wallet in but this little change has left me feeling like more of my own person and less like a bedraggled mama.

4 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

Your freedom bag.

Jessica said...

you're a free woman...maybe you can now start aspiring to a wristlet.

i may or may not have some sort of resentment for troy when all he is responsible for every time we leave the house is his wallet...as i'm bogged down with diaper bag, snacks, sippy cup, paci, etc. such is life.

Catcher In My Eye said...

The only "OLD BAG" you own now is ME! :D
I am happy for you!, If you recycle me, make me a CAMERA and take me everywhere with you so that I don't miss any of your adventures!
Love, Mom/Grammmmm

Shannon said...

Well.. we are dying to know, what your new bag looks like? You must do a post on that soon!