Part of me worries that he will turn into a hoarder and cry into the arms of Oprah that it started with a mom who indulged his habit. Or that he will find someone just like himself to marry, only he won't be able to afford Purina for all fifty five of her cats. Oh well, for now, at almost four years old, he's pretty happy.
My other child is turning out to be atypical as well. It looks like he may be in the less than ten percent of the population that is a lefty. We have been noticing it for several months now. Drew colors, plays t-ball, and eats corn dogs all with his left hand. Keith says that a tall, left handed pitcher is a commodity in the major leagues. So maybe Drew will earn the snow globes that David so desperately desires. Or maybe he will be just like his Mimi. My mother-in-law is also left handed and was the one to point out to me that jack-in-the-boxes aren't easy for little lefty's. However, Drew doesn't seem to be bothered by it. He approaches things with the same determination and optimism that his Mimi, Linda, does. So bring on the different scissors. If it makes you just like her, we are fine with that!
7 comments:
Hey, I want to chat with you about your charts sometime! I love new ideas!
I bet I have a few Christmas snow globes that David can earn... ask him if he will EARN globes this Christmas by helping me decorate my Christmas Tree! Can he hang the outdoor lights while he is here too???
Lefty- Drew, what will I do with you? Set you down to the apple peeler/core-er, to make homemade apple cobbler? No that would take a right hand...Put you at my meat grinder to make ham spread... no the handle turns on the right side too! Hmmm? I better not put you at the right sided computer mouse either...confusing! ...
Facts:-" Left-handed people can see more easily underwater, and also usually excel in sports such as swimming, fencing and tennis.
And ... - Left-handed folks have an advantage when it comes to fist fights. Nobody knows exactly why, but perhaps because that first swing from an unexpected hand makes all the difference!"
WOW! Now, we know why Drew is quite the swimmer! If he gets bored with Gram, I will put him in my big bathtub and watch him swim in circles, to the LEFT!
Love love love your stories, Natalie! Never will those boys go on Oprah to talk about their sweet mom's enabling---They will only go and tell about all the wonderful things she did with them to help them be great men! (This will call me "Aunt Mary" because that's who I am on my nephew's triplet blog---)
2 things...
1. you don't weigh enough to sell plasma.
2. troy would die for camden to be left handed...for the same reasons as keith, but i'm pretty sure unless we start tying his right hand behind his back, he'll be a righty. we'll come to watch your southpaw pitch though when he makes it big.
I love this post. I'm glad some other child has strange obsessions with small objects. Raegan's a lefty. I think she's fairly normal. ;)
It's the quirky things that make them fun! You are such a funny writer, Natalie. I always enjoy reading what you post.
I married a lefty. They aren't so bad. There is a left handed store in the mall - er... there used to be. I haven't been in a very long time. There is also a lefty store online that Jimmy shops at sometimes. They sell things like lefty notebooks and scissors...
And as for collecting, your purina line made me laugh for about 5 minutes. Our current obsession is Easter eggs. It's almost October. *sigh*
Post a Comment