Monday, May 4, 2009

Trips to Target are fun when solo

Why oh why oh why didn't Target have ANY shopping carts with the two seats in front available? Do they know how much more difficult that makes an already difficult task? I valiantly tried to stuff as much as possible under the cart since David and Drew were in the back. David would have walked by the cart just fine, but then "Me Too" boy would have had to get down and that isn't an option. After about ten minutes I did what any good mom does. I booked it to the snack aisle, grabbed a bag of Chex Mix and gave a twenty second sermon on the virtue of sharing. And, in true Hansel and Hansel style the boys left a trail of Chex Mix through Target. Guess what happens when you make a mess all through the store? Apparently they get on their headsets and they send their most flamboyantly gay employee to jump in front of your baby and say "Boga boga." Yeah, it was weird. I think he was trying to be helpful and amuse the boys as I was tying bags onto the side of the cart. However, Drew almost burst into tears and David just stopped playing with his new sand roller and stared. All of this could have been avoided and we would have had a nice trip (I saved eight dollars with coupons and got free apples) if they had more carts with kid seats. I know I am not the only person crazy enough to grocery shop with their children...

7 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I love how you worded this story! I get looks all the time...my trick is fruit snacks at the grocery and anywhere else I try to bring snacks! I love your effort and bravery!

Kayla said...

I gave so many sob stories like this that I actually convinced wes it was better for the whole family if he did the shopping! That is one thing I can't wait for him to get back to doing!!!

Lisa said...

Natalie!! I just found your blog!! I didn't even know you had one until I saw it on Elizabeth's blog! I have one too...it is a private one, so if you'd like to read mine just let me know and I'll add you to the reader list!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Ha Ha! Boga boga! I love your adventures!

April said...

Loved this story! At least you saved $8 and got free apples. Good for you. At least you took both boys to the store. I know some moms who don't even do that!

Jessica said...

Maybe I will just wait until Camden is old enough to drive and do my shopping for me before I have another one. I just can't chance my Target shopping experiences being ruined.

Shannon said...

Yeah for FREE apples. I will keep you informed with all the other deals. Oh, and I so admire you taking both boys shopping! I normally do not even take my one!