As I was making the boys a cozy pallet on the floor, putting a Diego DVD they hadn't seen in the DVD player, and getting them each little bowls of carrots, grapes, and crackers, I thought to myself, I would jump for joy if someone did these things for me. David and Drew? They just laid there because it's really not out of the ordinary for them to get their lunch on a blanket on the living room floor. But what if someone cued up Desperate Housewives for me and put pillows around to lounge on and got me some Cool Ranch Doritos and a Diet Dr. Pepper? And then, when my show was over, they led me to my cozy room for a nice nap. That would be really lovely-these boys don't know how good they have it.
But then I think, wait, the reason I do these things for my boys is because my mom did such special things for me. I remember tea parties with tiny cookies and my mom arranging my pillows so I could read comfortably. She still does nice things for me like dumping out her purse Thursday evening and filling it with books and treats for Drew so that I could watch David in his school program. And then there is my mother-in-law. Each time I hang up the phone with her I feel encouraged and uplifted. Add to that Keith who got our friends in Liberty, Missouri to help him order a necklace that I had admired while I was there and what more do I need? So forget watching trashy yet entertaining housewives on t.v. I have so much more. Happy Mother's Day Mom and Linda. And Keith, thanks for making mine great.
5 comments:
Sweet! I love you daughter... I do remember those times you you...Love, Mom
I look forward to reading your blog during our advisory time. It's a little dose of grownup in my world of middle school madness. Now that we're in the home stretch to summer, the kids are nuts and I'm going to need more frequent updates. Nope. I don't care that you're busy. You should have been more respons... oh sorry. I went into "youforgotyourhomeworkagain" mode. Oops. :) Can you tell I'm losing it?
That is hilarious Carrie! Okay, I will update you more!
Your boys are so lucky to have a mom that makes all those times so special. Happy late Mother's Day!
Every time I read this it makes me all warm and it pulls on my heart stirngs...YOU are a great Mom and I love you!
Post a Comment