Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cinco de Mayo=Taco Mayo


It was raining very hard yesterday when I went to pick David up from school, but I still managed to convince my buddy and former neighbor Jamey to meet me with all three of her little girls at Taco Mayo. After all, it was Cinco de Mayo and the kids needed guacamole tortilla chips and cinnamon chips for an afternoon snack.

I am a little fuzzy on what this holiday is all about, but I am grateful to Mexico. If it weren't for them we wouldn't have tacos once a week (always a crowd pleaser although they do create an unholy mess.) But Mexico's biggest impact on my life is being the country of origin for a little boy named Diego. Because of him I have a little under thirty minutes to take a shower, load the dishwasher, and put on make-up every morning. David and Drew are loving this little Latino rug rat. So- muchos gracias Diego and happy seis de mayo to my three blog followers.


3 comments:

Jessica said...

i wanted to celebrate yesterday with the best mexican quisine...taco bueno. but unfortunately there are none here, and i wasn't about to go to taco bell. i feel like i really cheated camden out of an ethnic experience. poor kid. you can be sure that when we step foot off the plane in oklahoma this summer that kid will have a party burrito within minutes.

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Question, Seis de Mayo or Cinco de Mayo? What is the difference!?

Levi loves Dora but has not gotten into Diego yet, which is funny to me!

I love reading about all your adventures. I wish we lived closer...our boys would have a blast together!

Natalie Hudkins said...

They would have so much fun together. And more importantly- WE would have so much fun!