Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A,B, or C

I have to preface this post by first saying that Drew has been a lot better and he is a really good little twenty-two month old most of the time.
That being said, I made the rookie mistake of going past the toy aisle at Target today because I needed to price their floaties. Drew did not want to get back in the cart and as he was flailing around and screeching and people were glancing in my direction, I thought of a few things I could say to my unwanted audience. You decide which one is best-
A) He's really frustrated because I have to wait until we get to the snack bar to nurse him. Precious loves the breast! (and no, Drew isn't really breastfed- I weaned him at nine months)
B) Can you watch him for a few minutes? I have irritable bowel syndrome... Be back in ten!
C) This is the worst babysitting job I have ever had!!! After today I quit!!!

8 comments:

Gena said...

C. Blame it on someone else's parenting....... ;)

Shannon said...

c. just makes you feel young again... and this to shall pass!

Catcher In My Eye said...

The Pictures are way too cute!!! Who DO YOU get your camera eye from?!? LOL
Oh course, I WOULD think that A. is the correct excuse, as that really did happen to me in Wal-mart when Sam was 18 months old... you might remember as you were the old age of three and Em was four... Sam kept trying to pull up my shirt while sitting in the grocery cart seat. I kept saying not now.. Let's say he didn't wrestle me to the ground, but the Movie "CHUCKY" does now come to mind! We all had to walk out leaving groceries in the cart... and weaning commenced! LOL!
Welcome to the world of having a 2 year old, AGAIN! Roll up your sleeves and make your "No's" be "NO" and your hugs and kisses be loving... this too, will pass.... Love Mom-Gram

Catcher In My Eye said...

Oh my! Shan and I both used the same expression, "this too, shall pass!" Guess this was what you were to hear! :)
Love, Mom

Elizabeth Mullins said...

All of them! That is hilarious...That reminds me of my trip to Target two weeks after H was born. I bought the kids popcorn to keep them quiet and we left a trail of popcorn everywhere we went. Then H woke up hungry so we went back to the snackbar so I could feed him. Then, Corban says "Mom, you have poop on your pants." H had blown out his diaper without getting it on his actual clothes and it seeped all over me left a splattering on the floor too. I had to apologize to the poor lady who had to clean up "poo" in the snack area!

Kayla said...

ooo I never thought about blaming a bad babysitting job...I just may use that one day!! I can get away with it since my kids don't look like me!!

Emily said...

D. Tell the rude people to mind their own business. If they have any parenting tips, tell them you'd be happy to wait for them at the snack bar while they try to calm him down.

Jessica said...

good one nat...you make me laugh