Three is a magic age in our house. It's the big boy age. Drew is fully potty trained, separation anxiety is a distant memory and fits are rare and usually only when hungry or really tired. So as happy as Drew is this morning with his Bat Cave, I am even happier.
We plan to celebrate by playing all morning, resting this afternoon and then having a neighborhood pool party this evening. I drew a line in the sand this year. Just neighbor kids are invited to the party. Sorry. Any more and it would be complete chaos. And I would be feeling too stressed to really enjoy the main event and celebrate with Drew. So while I feel bad about it, I had to do what was right for the birthday boy. And this year it was only a few kids that he plays with all the time and knows well. Otherwise the guest list would have ballooned to forty kids plus parents.
Here are the things we love about Drew:
1) He is a minimalist, all he really asked for his birthday was a "turkey that stands up on his own" and then when I told him last night that I couldn't find one, he just said, "Well, maybe next year."
2) His white curly hair.
3) We love his rumbly voice and how he points one finger and says things like, "Actually, pandas love bamboo."
4) Drew is a good friend, especially to his brother.
5) He is very funny.
6) He swims like a little fish and spends most of his time underwater.
7) And last, he just has a sweet, sweet heart. You can attest to this if you have spent any time with him.
We love this guy and are SO happy that he came into our life three years ago!!!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Drew!
Happy Birthday sweet boy! Enjoy your day!
We do small parties too! Cason had 6 kids this year and that was the biggest we'd had.
Happy Fwee year old birthday. It's my husband's birthday too. Only good guys have birthdays today. :)
We love him too.
happy birthday drew...i really wish we lived close so camden could be friends with you!
Happy Birthday, Drew! Wish we were in the neighborhood!
When you have two big boys in the house its time for another kid!!! :)
Post a Comment