I like this book because it has sections on each age group of boys (so I only read the 2-4 year old stage and the 5-7 year old stage.) Also, it gives concrete things that you can do to help your boy grow into a strong, Christian leader while also helping them to be obedient. This manual mirrors what I have come to know already. Boys are different. They are physical, competitive creatures who think and learn differently. I am happy that there are books like this out there that celebrate these differences and teach moms and dads how to best parent their sons. (Bringing Up Boys by Dr. Dobson is also really good.)
Here are some pictures of my Wild Things.
The heat wore them out. Don't ever tell us that they are too big to be carried. David's still just four and Drew's only three. I would have carried one of them if I needed to. Lucky for me they are proportionate in size to their Dad.
And I can't resist adding this picture. Drew found his robe, these socks, and some hand-me down shoes from either Gabe, Sammy, or David. The best part was, he put the shoes on and said, "I look just like Daddy." I am assuming it's because Keith has dress shoes. Because I haven't seen a giant dragon robe around the house.
5 comments:
super cute outfit!!
We bought a few books on parenting and marriage several months ago and have yet to open them. Thank you for reminding me!
love that last picture! i need to get to reading some of those books. lately i've found myself wondering, "how could i manage of classroom full of twenty kids but can't keep my own child under control?".
I have got to read some of those, too. Boys and girls are sooo, soo different. You have some energy, girl.
I love seeing the pictures of the boys. They are getting big, but you're right, not too big to be carried... my kids crawl in Maddalena's stroller all the time.
Post a Comment