I have to preface this by first saying that I try not to judge a book by it's cover. My all time favorite read is The Same Kind of Different as Me. I am the daughter of a contractor and my uncles are all in construction or roofing as well. I grew up with people who were called "White Eddie" or "Big Donny" coming by our house for paychecks. They were rough around the edges but always nice.
So today, in Target when a man, that looked out of place, was shopping near us, I didn't think too much of it. I still didn't blink when he came over from clothing to where we were on the card aisle. But then he stayed near us when we went a few aisles over to gift sacks. Oh, did I mention he didn't have a shopping cart? When we went over to the light bulb aisle, hmmm, he came over too. Get. In. The. Cart. Now. Boys. And we found an employee. Wouldn't you know it as the employee was calling a manager, the same man came over to where we were and lurked by the DVDs watching us. The original employee who had helped us, per the manager's instructions went over to the grocery section with us to finish up our shopping. I am not sure what happened on the other end of the store during that time but about ten minutes later, the manager found us, and told us that the Lurker had been escorted from the premises, Target had called his license plate into the the OKC police and they had watched him drive off.
It was ten in the morning, we just went in for some gift-y items and stuff to have a picnic at my mom's house. I was not being paranoid, we were shopping in a place we frequent once or twice a week. I truly think that this person had ill intentions. My guard was down and had this creep not been so blatantly obvious about watching us, I may not have noticed we were being followed (I was trying to match tissue paper to cards and having conversations about dogs playing guitars.)
I had to pass this story along. It was unsettling to say the least.
14 comments:
That is so scary! I'm glad you told an employee!
10 in the morning!! So scary! So glad you guys are ok.
Wow! Glad you guys are okay! Did you by chance get his license number? Might could do some investigating...
Glad you are ok.
That is scary! yikes! Guess that proves a nice community like Edmond can still have creeps and you still need to be careful! Glad nothing else happened!!
glad you are ok nat...and that you were on top of things. i am not a paranoid person, but i am constantly watching over my shoulder in stores, walking out of the mall, on walks, etc.
Wow, creepy experience. I love that book too! It was given to us & after we both read it we gave it to Gavan's parents & now it has gone through our whole family! It's great!
-Melody
That is crazy girl.
Stranger Danger is right! AHH! Glad you told someone!
Ugh, I am still freaked out from when you told us earlier! I am glad you noticed him before you guys walked out to your car! You handled it SO well.
Super scary. Glad they got that guy out of there.
I truly truly truly believe in mother's intuition. If you thought he was dangerous, then he was. I'm so glad you did the smart thing.
Wow, that is crazy! Thanks for sharing. We all need a reminder to be aware of our surroundings and listen to our instincts. Great job, Natalie!
I'm getting caught up on your blog since I've been crazy busy this summer. Glad I caught this entry! Thanks for the reminder. I'm always terrified my guard will be down too long before I realize I'm not paying attention.
Post a Comment