Last weekend, when the OU game started turning ugly, I distracted David by showing him Thomas the Train engines on the computer. Diecast engines, not wooden ones- there is a big difference in Toyland.
Keith looks at last Saturday night as a blight on Sooner football. My only regret is ever showing David that there are many, many, engines that we don't have.
We visit the site at least seven times a day. And David reminds me that we are lacking in Butch, Peter Sam, Sir Handel and Rheneas to name a few. David can work for engines (that's called being a Really Useful Engine on the Island of Sodor) but he has chosen to try and use his gift of gab to get trains. I have no idea where he gets his salesman like abilities. He keeps asking Keith if he "earned lots of money at work?" and then saying, "You did?! Good. Good. GOOD JOB Dad. I'm proud of you." Or he will tell me that it's Blue Hank's birthday and that he should receive a new train.
The worst part is that I have read through the descriptions of the engines so much that I almost have them memorized. For instance, if I were a train, I would like to be "Daisy" she is a "classy, sassy passenger who believes she should only carry passengers and never have to pull trucks." Daisy, I feel the same way, only substitute "never have to pull trucks" for "never have to unload the dishwasher."
6 comments:
Which one does he want for his bday?
Sir Handel!
Well hello there Daisy, great post.
Well I have found my ultra ego as a train!
Caroline the Car
"Caroline has an easygoing nature, and does not like being pushed along the road too fast. She prefers narrow country roads where she can only be driven at 20 mph."
In this way I can go at my own speed, map my own day and have PLENTY of time to take pictures!!! LOL
So Daisy, just honk as you zoom by me! LOL!
just letting you know i was thinking of you while camden and i watched our first ever thomas episode this morning before church.
Post a Comment