Friday, July 10, 2009
I don't know if I can handle it
Drew slept better than he ever has in his life while on vacation. It was fabulous. Really it's been almost four years since I got eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. We had bought a second toddler inflatable bed and each boy had their own cozy spot on the floor of our room. Upon arriving home I decided I couldn't deal with him waking up with his unreasonable demands. So we put one of the beds on the floor of David's room. And I had the brilliant idea to take apart his Wal-mart crib since it had been recalled. I reasoned that I could somehow get a bed rail and groceries in return for the killer crib. I would then be able to take the unspent grocery money and go to the rich people's store (Pottery Barn Kids) and buy beautiful, soft, cool boy Super Hero sheets and comforters. Oops. I was mixed up on the crib brand. Hadn't been recalled. So this week I was left with a crib that is now in the attic, and a toddler that did sleep better at night but is impossible to get settled down to go to sleep. The toddler's brother loves to sing/make animal noises/knock on the wall just when things get quiet. Drew keeps flopping around shouting "Snuggle!" in a deep yet nasal voice that doesn't match the cuddle he is begging for. I love the idea of having one room for sleeping boys and one room for toys. However, I am being reduced to a screaming wreck of a shrew twice a day in order to get them to bed. We have now gotten another twin bed (my mom had one) with a rail and are going to try it for a few more days. I have hours of laundry to do. Haven't talked to my cousin Shannon in days. Precious time has been wasted on this endeavor. But I am holding out- the result means more space for play, easier bed time routine, and the boys, for what their opinion is worth on this matter, prefer being with each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So funny.
Last week at my parents house, Cason slept on a blow up mattress. He, too, slept better than ever. I am now wondering how weird it would be to take out his twin bed and haul in an air mattress....
and i'm in the midst of a little one teething...wish i was there to escape with you for dinner. wait that sounds weird. i just mean as friends. like to get away from all motherly responsibilities for a few hours.
Post a Comment