Tuesday, June 23, 2009

If they hear it, they will say it

You can't always understand what Drew says, which is why it was so funny when he came up to me yesterday grinning and said, "Hey Nat, Nat, hey Nat!"
"Um, yes Drew?"
"NAT! Where is Keith?"
"At work Drew, please call me Mom."
Then we were in the parking lot and Drew's pacifier fell on the pavement. I snatched it up and did the disgusting thing that a lot of moms do when a pacifier drops. I put it in my mouth to "clean" it. I know it's just adding more germs to an already funky smelling paci, but it makes me feel better. Anyway, Drew just watched me put it in my mouth and giggling, he said, "NATALIE!!!" I guess he figured my full name was more respectful than the shortened version that Keith usually calls me.
Not to be outdone, David was in his fort playing with the neighbor girl yesterday. I was handing Chex Mix up (all food must be eaten in top level of fort or Hank the Tank will get it) and the girl, Kaitlyn, says, "I don't like it!" To which David calmly replied, "Try it. Try it and you may. Try it and you may, I say." Guess that's what happens when you read Green Eggs and Ham every night for two weeks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the things that come out of the mouths of babes...absolutely priceless. Lately, in addition to "DJ", Addi has started calling DJ "Uncle DG," which is what all the nieces and nephews call him.

Kayla said...

Oh how cute! Too bad Zane is saying everything is fabulous...wonder who has taught him that.....

Natalie Hudkins said...

PBS? David has started saying fabulous too...

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Landice has started saying that everything is "beautiful!" I love this age our kids are in.

Jessica said...

how cute...that's what i always loved about teaching elementary, you never knew what would come out of kids' mouths. i can't wait until camden starts talking.

April said...

I call Nick honey and Austin called him honey the other day...too funny.