I was checking out at the grocery store after a long, semi-rotten morning (David smashed his finger in the car door, the boys have slight colds and are whiny, we had to leave a very fun music concert at the library early due to grumpiness) and there were two ladies in line behind me that were observing the boys like they were zoo animals. I had the boys in the back of a cart and here is the stuff this other customer was saying very loudly.
"Oh, my what loud little boys!"
"Look, they are hugging."
"Look at that, the big one is hugging the little one's head. I think he's hurting him."
"They are going to fall out."
"She needs to watch them better."
I just ignored her, but it drove me crazy. Maybe because she was morbidly obese with a cart full of Hostess snacks. But did I have a running commentary about her life? And, the "little one" can hold his own. If he's not screeching like a hyena he's not hurt. Drew rather enjoys headlocks from David. That's just what they do.
4 comments:
I love you and your wonderful sense of humor and your ability to refrain from just exploding on the lady! Hang in there...you are doing such a good job! I really needed a good laugh too!
I'm sure you just wanted to snidely say to the boys in a voice loud enough for her to hear "Oh boys look at that chubby lady. And look at all those snacks she's buying...she really shouldn't eat that. Those are really bad for her. That's why we eat healthy snacks right boys?". But you didn't.
My friends told me this morning that your blog is their new favorite!! Can't wait to see ya in Branson.
You are funny, girl. I'm sorry we missed the concert at the library. Sounds like you did too.... ;)
Post a Comment