Drew started saying a few full sentences a while back. "See me, I'm naked." and "Give it back!" are two that come to mind. However, I think I will choose to remember his words this morning as his "first sentence."
He and David were watching cartoons in our bed first thing this morning and Keith and I were still half dozing. I opened my eyes and I saw David reach over and hold Drew's hand. Then Drew said, clear as a bell, "Oh Dabid, I love you." David nonchalantly replied, "I love you too Drooby."
David has moved on to alliteration. He likes to say, "pineapple poop" at random times. Don't laugh at him if you hear him say it, I am trying to just ignore it, but this is going into the third month of hearing "PINEAPPLE POOP!" from the backseat. The English teacher in me is proud. The third grader in me is mildly amused. The mom part of me pretends I don't hear him say it.
2 comments:
i love it natalie! ignore, ignore, ignore...and cover your mouth so they don't see you laughing either.
I think I am in trouble because the 3rd grader in me will always win out...I think!
Post a Comment