In order to have anything at our house, or people over, we have to go to great lengths. I am not saying that I go to major extremes and hide all the toys. Everyone knows we have kids, I don't care if some of our decor is Fisher Price, and I am not going to totally hide my dark eyed boys in a secret annex upstairs. But if friends are going to come over after the boys are asleep, or at least cloistered in their rooms, Keith and I have to work really hard. No one wants to sit in Drew's discarded spaghetti mess and I prefer that the house does not smell like poop and cooked broccoli. If Drew doesn't have toys in the living room, he starts ripping stuff out of the kitchen cabinets.
That being said the pictures on the left are what I did with the boys while I showered and tried to get ready. Keith was picking up messes, it was too early for bath/stories and so I got the bright idea to give them washable markers and pudding in the bathtub so I could gussy myself up. After all, if people are going to get in the master bath tub we have bigger problems than them seeing the mess!
3 comments:
i sometimes just laugh when i imagine you giving them multiple baths so they can play in a clean, contained environment...while you oh, say read a magazine. the real question is though...what were you getting all gussied up for?
And we soooo appreciated it!!! But still would have had fun if it smelled like poop!
Austin sometimes takes really long baths or showers so I can finish getting ready. I am sure with 2 it will get even harder!
Post a Comment