I usually don't turn the t.v. on before school. My kids turn into zombies and move even slower. However, I had to see the weather so I turned the news on. I didn't think David was watching until, he said, "Mom, what are those men doing to that lady?" The lady was the infamous Ms. Lohan. And she was being escorted to jail.
Me: Um, they are taking her to jail.
David: Oh no, 'ell? What did she do? (We think jail and hell may be the same place in his head.)
Me: I'm not really sure, I think it's drunk driving this time (see, I never have the news on)
David: Oh no! What did she drink?
Me: Too much beer and wine. It's dangerous to drive like that.
David: Mom, will you write down that rule for me? On a piece of paper? So I don't forget and drink a lot of line? And so my husband remembers too?
Me: Sure. And it's wife. You'll have a wife one day. Daddy really wants you to remember that as well, stop saying husband.
Who wouldn't want to start their day with that conversation? It's a million laughs around here!
9 comments:
troy and i both laughed out loud...good one nat!
Lol!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!
OH MY I AM DYING LAUGHING SO HARD!!! LOVE IT!!!!
that was a strange sentence.... anyway, so funny!
That boy is so funny!!
Ha! Funny stuff!
That is great! David will love reading that one day.
i needed a good laugh. i swear you can't watch any adult daytime t.v. programs without answering a bunch of questions!
That is hilarious Natalie. We had so much fun the other night. Thanks for going with us!
Post a Comment