Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Alert Raised

Yesterday, the boys were full of energy. They usually range from rascally (Drew running away and laughing when he sees a diaper in my hand) to naughty (David trying to sneak a drink of my Diet Dr. Pepper.) However, from morning until night the alert was raised in our house to out and out wicked. David didn't nap which means he was hyperactive and he had a crazed dilated look in his eyes and Drew just kept challenging me and standing up in his chair and cackling. His light hair is starting to have a reddish tint and I wonder if I have birthed Chuckie.

When they are not together their escapades are pretty typical for their age category, and I would even venture to say that if someone were grading them against their same-gender peers they would more than likely get an "S" for Satisfactory. However, combined, they somehow know that they are a force to be reckoned with. Recently we were out to eat and I took the boys while Keith paid the bill. They didn't want to hold my hand so they got on the ground and started crawling away from me leaving me no choice but to pick them both up by their shirts like bad puppies. Trust me, this was no small feat since together they now weigh seventy pounds and they are swift crawlers.

Today, I am reminding myself that they are both good boys and trying to focus on what they do well. For all of their activity, they both can sit still for fifteen minutes (Drew) and thirty minutes (David) and listen to stories being read to them. Also they are fast runners, high jumpers, creative block builders and efficient car liner uppers. All of which will serve them well in the future.

The pictures posted at left have nothing to do with yesterday. I wasn't photographing that for posterity. They are just pictures that were begging to get out of the digital camera.

2 comments:

April said...

Austin is an excellent car liner upper as well. We have them across our living room floor on most days. I would love to see them all play together!

Jessica said...

in these situations you just must ask yourself "what would bobbi do?" she shed light on feeding a family for dirt-cheap, she must have rearing tips also.