At breakfast the other day, David started saying, "Hey, Ernie, Ernie how are you doing? Eat your breakfast Ernie."
"Is Drew Ernie?" I asked David.
"Oh yes mom, and I am Bert!" David replied.
I guess it stands to reason that David would pretend that they were these muppets. After all, they are brothers that eat together, hang out in the bathroom and enjoy adventures just like their counterparts on Sesame Street. I think I would prefer to be Ernie if I had to choose. Bert is kind of a dweeb- always yammering on about paper clips and pigeons. But then again, David probably just wanted to be the bigger, smarter one. Ernie is pretty goofy with his rubber duck and that weird laugh he does. Drew is just happy to play along with whatever David involves him in- he could be called Ernie, Rumplestiltskin, or Tina Turner, and, as long as David was playing with him he wouldn't care!
6 comments:
That is too cute! We don't watch Sesame Street in our house...Austin has never liked it for some reason. Instead he has been grabbing all the Praise Baby videos lately. Tell Bert and Ernie I said hello :)
Do you have the Goodnight Praise Baby???
i'd have to be bert...he's tall and skinny (everything i've always desired).
that really is cute though...they will have so much fun playing together through the years.
Hahaha! That's so cute. I loved Sesame Street as a kid. But I wanted to be Bert because Ernie got on my nerves. I guess he just reminded me too much of my irresponsible younger siblings.
And what is Praise Baby? I think I need to know about this! I'm new to the Mommy scene. :)
It's a set of DVD's- my boys have always loved them more than Baby Einstein and the music is really calming to me!!!
The library even has one or two of the DVDs. :)
I LOVE this post!! So cute! We miss you guys so much! Please call soon so we can go to the park or do whatever!
BTW- didn't know about the Goodnight Praise Baby! Is it as good as the other 3?
Post a Comment