Monday, January 12, 2009

First Post of the Year

I haven't posted anything since last year! I have tons of Christmas pictures, and even some new years pictures and yet I haven't posted a thing.
The main reason, is that the computer and desk are no longer in our bedroom and so I don't get online nearly as much. Keith and I have decided that 09' is the year to reclaim our lives. We started with spending much of Keith's time off rearranging the house. The boys no longer have a toy room. It was needed last year when we weren't getting out as much, but now we have decided that we can't let the toys overtake us. I mean c'mon they have their own bedrooms. We converted the third upstairs bedroom into an office/guest room and cleared out and bought some organizers for the boy's stuff. Also, I plan to garage sale/consign all of our baby stuff. Since Drew has gotten a taste for what older kids play with, he no longer likes the Little Tikes stuff that David played with when he was much older than Drew. That's fine with us- I can't wait to get rid of the big musical door, the gigantic playdome tent, etc.
We also said good-bye to the furniture that is almost as old as my sister and I and our Christmas gift was a real, grown up bed and dresser. As fate would have it, Drew has gotten four new teeth and two molars in the past three weeks. Plus he has had one ear infection and is now suffering from a raw sore throat. So guess what? Our old bed that we moved upstairs for guests has been occupied by none other than me! I really hope that he feels better soon. It seems like a cruel twist of fate that once I finally got the bed that we saved and planned for during all of 08' now I only spend half of the night in it since I am too tired to haul my self up and down the stairs after Drew's Motrin wears off.
Oh well, I really feel like this is going to be a great year. The boys just keep getting more and more fun. One relative remarked over the holidays that when he saw us having to get up and down at dinner, it made him put off having kids. I guess it is all how you look at it, because Keith and I had been giving each other high fives since David was big enough this year to play without needing us and only one of us needed to be "on duty" to make sure Drew didn't break anything. We really felt like these were the least stressful, most fun holidays we have had in four years!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

1. i want a new bed too...king size to be exact.
2. we're in the midst of teething too.
3. this is going to be a great year...maybe we'll actually get to see each other.

April said...

So it could be worse because as I was reading your post I thought you were going to say that Drew was teething and decided to chew on your new bed! Austin chewed on the wooden rail on his crib. I am so glad you got your new bed! Everyone that walks into our bedroom that knows me pretty well says, "You need new bedroom furniture",like I didn't know. Post some pics of that new bed!

Melinda said...

Natalie - so glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment. Great to catch up with you!