We have celebrated all of the regular milestones with Drew. Yet since he has the role of second born there are a few extras that have been almost as momentous as walking. They are as follows:
1. Being able to sit up in the bathtub. I don’t remember this being a big deal with David, all I remember is doing things like pre warming his towel and teaming up with Keith to sing songs while we diapered him. However, with Drew baths were really difficult before he could sit up. We had to do two separate bath times or be extra careful. There were several occasions when Drew almost drowned or David stood and peed on him. At around six months when he started to sit and play in the bathtub we all breathed a huge sigh of relief.
2. Being able to reach French fries from his car seat. Things get tough trying to work out two nap schedules, living further out, etc. Sometimes Happy Meals in the car are my best friend. And it’s really hard to wait until you get home. So, when Drew was around one, I silently celebrated that he was front facing in his car seat and that he could reach his big man paws out to grab an extra long fry while I drove. He is pleased with himself, David is usually halfway finished with a cheeseburger and voila! no mess at home. Never mind the crumbs in the car and the safety issues.
3. Being able to rub antibacterial on his hands. Now this milestone is really impressive. After getting the boys in their car seats after the park, zoo, etc. I put a squirt of sanitizer on their hands. I can tell Drew to rub it in and he actually does!!!
4. Being entertained by the Disney channel. We started Baby Einstein and Praise Baby months ago, this entertains one half of my boys. However, this weekend Drew sat on the couch and watched all of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with David. I unloaded the dishwasher, made coffee, and put a roast in the crock pot. Three cheers for my one year old watching preschool television!
1 comment:
pre-school television is great! Austin would watch Noggin all day if I let him. What a great day for you.
Post a Comment