Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday David!!!

David turned three last week! As much as I want them both to be a little older and things to be easier, I felt a little sad that day. It really has gone by so fast- I can't believe this will be his fourth fall!
David is everything a three year old should be- he is happy, he likes new experiences, he plays well, loves sports and riding his trike and loves "his baby." It's amazing how if I just have David I can walk out the door without packing one single thing! He doesn't need diapers and can find a water fountain if he is thirsty.
We had a small birthday party for David and then went to the pumpkin patch a few days later. Our family had so much fun going on a hayride, doing the petting zoo and picking pumpkins. Drew thought every animal was a dog and David crawled in the chicken coop so that he could pet the chickens-kinda scary.
Today, David had his three year check up and Drew had his fifteen month check up. I always feel like it is a "mom test" for me on these well-child check ups. Am I feeding them healthy? Discipline? Sleep? Socialization? I tried to scrub both of their ears and I took extra care with their teeth. So they were irritated with me as we left.
Both boys are 95th percentile in height and 90th in weight, if that was a report card, I guess those would be "A's?" Good job, Nat.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday David! Natalie...I can't believe he's already three. So cute!

The Seat House said...

I still have his gift!! We are hitting up that pumpkin patch tomorrow. Yea fall break! or "Full Break" as Gabe called it the other day.

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Happy bday to David! They grow so fast don't they? I am with you, I love bieng able to just go out the door and not need anything! It makes life so easy! But now I am in trouble, why would I EVER want to complicate things with another one? :) The longer it goes the harder it is going to be...

Hope all is well!