I gave the empty gift card holder to my friend Kristen. I think they may be free (well, if you purchase a gift card) and my lecture, Keith's lecture and the very long time out were punishment enough. Oh, and the mall was really crowded. Didn't want to punish myself, I think the lesson has hit home.
I couldn't bear to throw away the little holder (weird, I know.) Instead, I decided to give it to my friend. Kristen thought I was giving her a real gift. What is this for? "Well, you can put earrings in it when you travel, or it could be a little lipstick pouch or maybe a Christmas ornament for next year?" See, I hadn't bought her a gift and I really do think it was cute. When I finally came clean, and admitted to passing off stolen goods as a thoughtful gift we cracked up.
Now, on errands with the boys, Keith casually asks David, "Did anything accidentally fall into your pockets?" The answer has been negative every time and even the crowded Lego store produced no setbacks, so I think David may be recovered.
A first grader came over yesterday evening. She is only a few months older than David. They played and played with these stuffed animal balls that the boys love. They are pictured above. Ava took a particular shine to a little penguin ball named Avalanche. We have searched high and low to no avail. David insists that Ava took it. Now, I don't want to go accusing the little darling, but I may walk over to their house to borrow a cup of sugar and sneak a peek into her room.
It seems most people have a story about stealing right around that age and I have read that six year olds have a sense of entitlement. Maybe poor Avalanche is lost somewhere among the other toys. Or maybe it found its way into a pink sweatshirt jacket. I'm curious.
Now, on errands with the boys, Keith casually asks David, "Did anything accidentally fall into your pockets?" The answer has been negative every time and even the crowded Lego store produced no setbacks, so I think David may be recovered.
A first grader came over yesterday evening. She is only a few months older than David. They played and played with these stuffed animal balls that the boys love. They are pictured above. Ava took a particular shine to a little penguin ball named Avalanche. We have searched high and low to no avail. David insists that Ava took it. Now, I don't want to go accusing the little darling, but I may walk over to their house to borrow a cup of sugar and sneak a peek into her room.
It seems most people have a story about stealing right around that age and I have read that six year olds have a sense of entitlement. Maybe poor Avalanche is lost somewhere among the other toys. Or maybe it found its way into a pink sweatshirt jacket. I'm curious.
2 comments:
Ha ha! That's funny stuff. Can't say that anything has fallen into R's pockets, but I do have to agree that 6 year olds must have a sense of entitlement. Glad to hear that one, really. It makes sense because she is more possesive these days than a two year old... and she has never been like that before. So, I guess it is a phase, huh? Funny David.
I caught C picking up some loose cash laying around over the holiday and he was cute about telling me that he found it but I could have it back... Good luck finding Avalanche!
Post a Comment