Thursday, April 14, 2011
A Dog Like Jack
I thought I was being pretty clever throwing a few story books in the library bag. "I'll entice David with books full of pictures of dogs and get to read fiction instead of a book on hurricanes." Big mistake. The last three pages of "A Dog Like Jack" show a dead Jack in the animal clinic, Jack being buried in a hole in the ground, and a little boy who doesn't want another dog because there won't ever be a dog like Jack. I will get better at skimming books before reading them aloud at bedtime. I pretty much felt like doo doo seeing tears come out of David's eyes and hearing him say, "I don't want Scout to die." I mean, who sends their kid to bed that way? They should put those kinds of books in their own section. I'll happily read about atmospheric pressure and trade winds tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are such a nerd, I LOVE it. :)
Hahaha.
Yes, I have done that twice. Decided just to go back to Fancy Nancy books. She loves happy endings and so do I!!
That's so funny. What if David had picked up a book that explained how babies where made? That happened to a lady on Fox News and she wanted the book banned from all kid's sections at all libraries. Sorry, lady... I would rather have a book explain "it" than have to start that conversation on my own. ;)
Post a Comment